Posts Tagged ‘refrigerator’
The Electrolux PureAdvantage refrigerator filter is used for maintaining clean air. Your refrigerator holds a variety of different foods emitting smells, odors and fumes. The Electrolux air filter prevents one food’s odors from ruining another food. “Family Health” Certain foods accumulate odors from the surrounding environment. Others emit strong fumes that can ruin the taste of a more delicate item. With electrolux refrigerator air filter, your foods will remain ripe, flavorful and tasty. After storing food in a distasteful environment, you will see it starting to rot more quickly. The right air filter can make your foods taste better for a longer period of time. Your recipes will taste the way they were meant to taste. “Clean Living” Onions, fish and hot peppers can all have very pungent odors. These can ruin anything in the same location. The Electrolux air filter can be used for refrigerator or freezer. It uses carbon and baking soda to cleanse the air of these enclosed spaces. The manufacturer recommends replacement of the air filter every six months. Ensure that your food is fresh and tasty with the Electrolux air filter. You will save money, energy and feel more healthy due to having fresher food.
Molds and mildew may reside inside the refrigerators, attacking food items stored inside. To prevent this, regular cleaning is necessary. Here are few tips.
1. Unplug refrigerator and let ice in the freezer completely melt out.
2. Start cleaning from the freezer. Going your way down.
3. Take everything out off the fridge.
4. Sort out food items. Check expiry dates. Discard them and even the ones that were used rarely.
5. Use proper food storage to avoid bacterial growth.
6. Organize food items. Meats should be stored in the freezer. Eggs shall be placed in its proper shelf, as well as butter and cheese. Vegetables should be in the crisper. Do not mix food items.
7. Start cleaning the refrigerator in either of these two solution.
Vinegar-water solution. Prepare equal parts water and equal parts sugar in a basin. Vinegar use is economical and environmentally-safe home cleaning aide. It is an effective glass cleaner as it dissolves hardened deposits. It helps to absorb foul smell, too. Wipe off using a cloth. No need to rinse with water.
Baking soda-water solution. Dissolve one tablespoon of baking soda into a liter of tap water. Dab a cloth unto the fridge. Baking soda is commercially known as an effective home cleaning aide. It absorbs odor and can wipe off stains.
8. After cleaning the refrigerator, leave a small pack of baking soda inside the fridge. It will help absorb suspended odor.
Or, you can use few pieces of charcoal placed in a small canister and leave in the farthest corner of the fridge. Do not forget to label it as charcoal. Charcoal acts as a filter which can absorb odors and toxins in gases.
Got no excused but to clean the refrigerator when the 5-day brown-out struck in the midst of the September typhoons
Linking this post to Orange Tuesday and Wednesday Whites