Archive for May, 2012
We braved the many shoppers at Divisoria last Friday. The eldest daughter shopped for tops, dresses and accessories which will be up for sale on her online shop. Good thing we arrived at the place, there were less shoppers. Thus, the many “pasillo” at Divisoria were not that crowded. By the time we’re finished shopping for things that’s on her list, horde of shoppers were coming in.
We had lunch at the food court of the 168 Mall and by pass 12 in the afternoon we’re ready to get of the huge mall. One thing that’s super exciting shopping at Divisoria is the unexpected finds you’ll stumble along the many shops. We had couple of stop-over because the daughter have added Unakite Beads which she finds interesting. Before the last of our local currency escaped our pockets, we had two bags full of assorted items.
Twas a great shopping bargain experience.
Yes. Our weekend was super busy. We were out since Friday enjoying two days of wandering through Manila malls. Only to get back Saturday before midnight feeling too exhausted and our feet too tired.
The worse part of it all is waking up on a Sunday morning realizing the chores undone. The tiled flooring were dirty. The countertop was equally dirty too with traces of food residues that attracts ants. Why ants have to be so many theses days? Tired of actually following their long queues finding their “dwelling”.
Thus, all the rest of my Sunday was spent cleaning the house.
Weekend was a super blast. We went to few big malls in the metro to buy few things for the kids. It was sort of fun, leisure and a a little shopping treat. We went up to a gadget store looking for USB adapter for the little girl’s iPod Touch. Our supposed short stay there went for almost an hour because the college daughter was immensely fixated on the xbox being tried on by few clients.
The popularity of gadgets overwhelmed many kids today that they would want to own every gadget there is. I had to remind them few times that gadget shopping in not on our list and definitely not in the budget.
We have to prioritized our shopping. There’s too many important items that needed especially when scholl term is about to resume.
That is just how messy my small workstation can be after preparing dishes/desserts for my family. I do multitasking even when cooking. Hence, the mess is expected.
But, I wanted to lessen the mess when I am working in the kitchen. I wished I could have more space. Perhaps, a kitchen island. I was browsing a couple of website for design inspiration on kitchen island. I could welcome an additional countertop, more storage spaces beneath it. We have to work hard to earn it.
For now, a little organized work is all it needs to control the mess in the kitchen.
- For one thing, sealed thrash bins concealed under a shelf should be easily accessible for easy dumping of garbage. Make sure biodegradable and non-biodegradable are separated. Hence, at least two thrash bins were to be provided. Make sure they have have lids for protection from odor, from pets and from flies. Bacteria could easily spread out in those areas.
- Exercise the rule “Clean as you work”. Make sure to clean stuff (kitchen appliances or dishes) as soon as work or its purpose is served. This is to prevent mor clutter especially in a tighter countertop area.
- Provide kitchen towels or tissue towels. Make sure they’re easily accessible. A clean hand or a clean work area does not only provide aesthetic look on the kitchen area but it provide hygienic safety. A dirty hand or an area that catches food debris should be wiped off or clean immediately to avoid bacteria from contaminating the food.
- Safety. Clean as you go means utensils or breakable items should be removed from the work table to avoid kitchen mishap or freak accident. Another thing, kitchen appliances should be handle safety so as to avoid getting into contact with liquids that may cause electrocution or short circuit.
Working extended hours in the office or just at home sitting long hours in front of the computer can cause back pain. Back pain has caused an alarming impact on national productivity. Workers demanding sick leave and seeking medical treatment has pinpointed sitting for long hours to be the cause of few illnesses.
Prolonged sitting caused too much pressures on our back. Sitting limits our activity, thus, causing muscle spasms on arms and of the legs. Remember that inactivity poses health risks into our body systems.
Campaigns have been brought out to combat back pain cause by long periods of sitting and immobility. One solution to address this problem is standing in between work activity. This way, productivity is not disrupted and at the same time it ensures maximum health benefits to workers.
The functionality of the ergonomic adjustable tables can address the health risks associated with back pain. Separate table top and bases designs available can be fitted to allow for different variations. More importantly, the fixture can be adjusted to specific height depending on the user’s height.
With these tables, working while periodically standing shall never be the same again. It ensures maximum steady blood flow all throughout the body. Thus, improving health which can decrease stress and enhance productivity.
In designing a home, I must say, every homeowners dream of fine luxury and decors in the grandest scale. But it my opinion, whether one is decorating on a budget, achieving a cozy and pretty home is doable.
Knowing a design plan -inspiration, theme, color, structure, and a little creativeness- may work wonder in having a home worth an envy. Plus, playing with accessories can transform a simple home into something that spells elegance.
Here’s the top 5 home accessories that can beautify every home.
- Mirror. The magic that a mirror can bring to every home is a mystery no more. It can draw light to the tiniest of room. Large mirrors can transform a room to make it look spacious and brighter. Even small mirrors places in a small corner table can cast a great complimentary accessory.
- Candle. Candles are known to effect mood and enhance feeling of relaxation. In homes, lighted candles can transform the overall look of any room. Even unlit candles are by far and large the most common home accessory preferred by many homeowners. With many colors, size and designs to choose from and along with candle holders, too, homeowners can incorporate them with their design ideas.
- Teapots. Because tea drinking have been a tradition for many centuries, every homes have in some ways few teapots in their cupboards. From there, teapot design has spread quickly after many generation. It is such a sweet thought having teapot as a centerpiece especially when it holds a family’s history.
- Vases. Whether vases made from crystal, glass, and ceramic, they complement every home with its great home decor value. It adds depth to every home especially those porcelain-made vases with elaborate hand-painted designs. Vases can be just as great atop a mantle, or can be a vessel for fresh flowers or synthetic blooms. Vases are fantastic decorative accessories that are highly regarded for their elegant touch.
- Plants. More than the relaxing feeling that candles can suggest in every individual, plants can generally make a lovely accessory because it not only ease off harmful chemicals around, but it improves air circulation around every home. Plus, a single plant can effect positive mood making an individual to feel less stress. There are many variety of plants that are easily cared for indoors. Try incorporating plants as home accessory, it will make every room look fresher and natural.
What’s giving me more migraine than planning a weekly menu is how am I suppose to handle the many clutter at home. The kids tend to haul up as many personal stuff each week. More faster than the time I can spend decluttering their closet and their study desks. We ain’t got no more storage space left. I did ask the hubby to never give in to the kids’ whims and wants. Just as last week, he went home with what seems like a HJC IS-Max BT helmet to me. He suggested our son needs it especially now that he takes interest in motorcycle riding.
I wished we could have more storage space. Growing family with growing kids needs additional storage for all their personal stuff.
I must admit, I am not a minimalist when it comes to home accessorizing. I’d like to place as many decors in my home that I find too cheap to resist. And more importantly, one that reflects my taste and personality in home decorating.
Because I can not afford to buy pricey decor stuff, I am just as content finding cheaper alternatives at bargain depots or flea markets. I am one who believes that one can make a beautiful home decoration sans a pricey price tag.
Like these cheap teapots I found in a clearance sale.
White, ceramic teapots can make my day lovelier. They’re simple yet when paired with other decor accessories, they can make any home pop with design value.
Yes, I am into teapots. Any design will make me go crazy especially when they’re absolutely cheap. You’ll be amazed my green hutch is full of…teapots and teacups…
Yes, I am dreaming of an extra dough to come falling from the heaven. The family room cum entertainment area is in need of fresh coat of paint. While waiting for the miracle to manifest, I had to arrange the corner area where I temporarily placed the old TV rack for my youngest daughter to use as storage for her toys.
Told her to empty up the top shelf for me to make as the family’s “wall of shame” . I replaced old photo frames with wood frames and hung few at the wall. Where I added the two large graduation photos of my eldest daughter.
Because the walls were void of colors, a bunch of yellow and orange faux flower kept the dull corner a little livelier. In a few days, I’d like to hang the native hats that I bought in Lucban last March including my favorite Cowboy Hat, I believed it would add more color and character to the wall space.
This area used to be full of cluttered toys, it makes my eyes sore. Now that I prep up the space a little, the eyes were focused on the family photos instead of the unpainted walls.
AS I HOPED IT WOULD BE:)
Saved this photo because I needed color inspiration for the family room. I know, the budget’s too far from realization. Well, we’ll never know. Luck is something we hang on to everyday. Of course, we have to work our butt off for dreams to manifest
With a positive attitude I started searching for color palettes that will complement the theme of the room. I thought this color combination will be just as awesome when applied in the room. The striking rustic color on the far side of the wall will make a great focal point and the neutral color of the walls (brown family) will tone down the bold hue.
For once, the addition of colors will make the room more family oriented and at the same time, cozier. I am planning to make the family room livelier by adding brightly colored throw pillows, decor items and scented candles -candles are my waterloo.
The hubby even suggested, we transferred the entertainment shelving unit in the center wall to make easy viewing angle for the television and to make room for the home theater units. We really loved listening to old music when we wanted to de-stress and relax. That reminds me to check on the Acoustica Software which might help to improve the kind of music stored on our iPod.
Have a great week, guys. And, do not forget, when you are planning on redecorating a room, infusing bright colors can largely effect the overall look of any space.