Archive for March, 2012
The best feeling in the world perhaps is to rest in a nice, cozy home after a tiresome day. For me, what constitutes a good room is a good lighting and ventilation. These are vital stuffs to turn one simple corner into a splendid, awe-inspiring abode.
At first, I have always been reluctant about investing on lighting fixtures especially kitchen lighting because arguably, they could be very expensive. Sometimes, they become even pricier than my couch and television set! But later, I realized, lighting fixtures, albeit a tad costly, are indispensable items for the home. For one who wants to achieve classy and elegant homes.
In my years of seeming addiction to chandelier and lamps and all that lighting fixtures, I seemed to have gained a keen sense as to what particular type of fixture is best for a particular type of home. For instance, at just the first sight of a chandelier at a home design shop, I already have an idea where exactly in the house that fixture would perfectly fit in. One time, while shopping with my husband, I saw a beautiful sconce with a minimalist look, and I thought right there and then that it would perfectly complement the current theme of our home. And voila, the next thing my husband and I knew, that unsuspecting minimalist sconce found itself a place in our bathroom as our new bathroom lighting.
But my all-time favorite would be those adorned with Swarovski crystals. For me, these kinds are the most versatile types of lighting fixtures. They could make a beautiful lighting for the living room, and can also lend an entire area a tinge of sleekness. What makes these types of lightings versatile is their ability to create an interplay of light and reflections. The crystals render astonishing light effects when illuminated. They give the impression as though one is in a high-end hotel or some sophisticated suite rooms.
Yes, these lighting designs may cost you an arm and a leg. But I assure they will give you a kind of satisfaction so overwhelming they will make you feel like a luxurious queen. Well, I have been one since I got one table lamp placed on our bedroom just a few weeks ago.
During the weekend, my boys had squeezed into their schedules to clean the steel windows. It was a huge task. But, boy, was I too glad that even if they’re working on a turtle-like phase, they had managed to finished all 15 windows around the house.
And, by the second day, dust, cobwebs, and glass stains have been removed. They started painting. They just needed to prep up the existing white paints as there were other areas of the windows that were beginning to rust.
Follow these doable tips in cleaning up steel windows.
- Removed the window screen. This will allow easy clean up of every nook and spaces of the window panes.
- Brush the screens with a nylon brush, wiped with a damp cloth and let dry.
- Make sure to wipe off all dirt from the steel window. Get a wet sponge or wet cloth and clean off dirt marks.
- Clean off the glasses with Kiwi Glass Cleaner or water/vinegar solution. The acidity of the vinegar will wipe off the stains in the glasses. Wipe off the glass with dry cloth or for optimum results, wipe off with old newspapers.
How to repaint windows.
- Check to see traces of dirt before applying paint.
- Sand off the parts that have rust build up.
- Tape off edges of the glass pane using painter’s tape to prevent paint smudges on the glass.
- Work your way from the top going down every part of the window panel.
The popularity of internet marketing came the birth of online coupons. There are a thousand online retailers selling various consumers products such as grocery items, luxury goods, and more, and, they are setting up websites to effect brand recognition. Such marketing strategy has been an effective tool to increase sales and thus increase in profits.
But, competition is tough among the internet industry. Retailers are often thinking about ways how they could edge out their competitors. This is where online coupon, as well as Mixbook coupon code becomes prevalent on online shopping. As more and more people find online shopping as the most convenient way for finding things they needed, companies are issuing coupons, deals, freebies to lure prospective consumers. Deals are too many a penny on many a website nowadays. The key is, finding the right deals where consumers could find real value for their money.
A lot of consumers tend to be wary of advertising campaigns that in the end they realized they hadn’t saved a penny. Worse, they were lured to avail other discounts were in fact the fraction of the discount were charged on the shipping cost. Hence, it always pays to learn the too many tricks in collecting coupon code for Expedia. Planning every purchases makes the most of savings. Consumers have the tendency to overbuy when they get to check market prices and learned of how much they could save buying products in bulk. While this case may be true, other things needed to be bought were sidetracked because budget suddenly runs out. It in this regard that managing purchases is imperative. This means knowing what is necessary, setting out limitation on what should be bought depending on the availability of personal funds and availing of current deals and discount applicable to the period were your money can allow. Thereby, allowing more savings and consumers can get to spend their money wisely.
In December, I beg the husband to get rid of our old chandelier in the family room. It was still functioning good. The reason why the husband would never wanted to take it off from the ceiling. Told him it was actually the only piece in the room that didn’t jibe well enough to complement the theme of the room.
Being a licensed Electrical Engineer, he has been the one assigned to fix everything that concerns about electricity, appliances, and repairs of anything related to electricity. Though, I still have the final say in choosing what fixtures I had to placed into the house. Even choosing what particular forecast lighting we will have to install in the family room. I particularly took fancy on this elegant pendant lighting set.
…this equally beautiful hubbardton forge lighting. He has a knack for selecting what particular light fixture fits any room to a T. He would often tell me to consider first the area of the room. It would be better if each lighting system will cover the whole area.
Light always plays a factor in home designing. Light makes small rooms looks larger, it also makes every living spaces come alive especially with the availability of designs in the market.
I am sure this is not the first time I am “showing off” this photo of this tea set. I do not know where my fondness for teapots and those cute little cups had began. All I know, when I had find this ceramics set on a thrift shop, that fired up the addiction. I wanted more and more pieces. I am not into those fancy and pricey tea sets (though I am dreaming of those I see at Etsy), I am still that frugal mom.
Whenever I get to be in the city, I never missed a chance to visit bargain home depot. I was always hoping I could find cheap but interesting items worth a place in my green hutch.
Sharing this tea seat at Blog Photo Challenge.
Are you are a homeowner who enjoys the surrounding landscape and wanted to capture the scenery in whatever vagaries of the weather? Think about attaching a DIY Conservatory to your existing home.
At Project Conservatory, customers are provided with the best quality easy-fit self build conservatory kits. With long years of experience doing DIY Conservatories, clients can rely on the quality of the products and their teams work hand in hand with the needs of the clients.
Why choose Self Build Conservatory?
- Company Policy. Project Conservatories only offer the best assurance for all clients. The company maintained that to maintain long lasting image and company reliability, it is their primordial concern to be honest with all their clients.
- Best Buy. Without hidden cost of fake discounts, the company offers its best price at any time of the year.
- Free Online Sales Quote. Clients will just have to make an online quote and the company will calculate the exact price. The client can opt to see the visualization of the conservatory project at no extra cost.
- Easy to build. The company invest so much for the manufacture of every conservatory. And, yet, it is easier to install than other suppliers who sell standard products. When easy installation is the key selling point, it veers away from having to call professional fitters to do the job. DIY conservatories can be cost-savings for homeowners.
- Free DVD and step-by-step Manual. A complete guide is supplied to help clients on the installation process.
- After Sales Service. If in the middle of the installation process that problems have been encountered, a helpline is available to answer even those concerning the technical aspect of the product.
- 10 Years Guarantee on Quality. The conservatory products were manufactured by K2, a global PLC company known for its quality. Thus, every client is guaranteed in 10 years’ time.